Friday, August 21, 2009

A suprising combination...


Mmmmmmmuffins!
My attempts at vegetable growing have not exactly been 100% successful - I've lost three of my tomato plants to blight and a lot of strawberries to slugs and the promised heatwave gave way to rain, rain and more rain so what tomatoes and peppers I do have are still quite small and nowhere near ripe. One plant, however has done spectacularly well - my courgette has been producing in abundance so we have had courgette in stirfries, courgette soup, roasted courgette etc etc. In my quest to find something different to do with courgettes I found a recipe for courgette muffins - I kid you not!
And suprisingly - they are yummy!
So for those of you who also have a surplus of courgettes - here it is. If you grate them/chop them up really fine nobody need ever know they are in there...
Pre-heat oven to 190-200c/gas 5-6 and prepare muffin tin.
In a large bowl sift together 280g plain flour, 2tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda. 1/2tsp salt, 2tsp ground cinnamon and 3tbs cocoa powder.
In a medium sized bowl beat and egg with a fork. Add 125g soft brown sugar, 90ml milk, 2tsp vanilla essence, 90ml vegetable oil and 350g (approx 3-4 medium sized) finely grated courgette - no need to peel unless you want to avoid green flecks in the finished muffin. stir well.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until combined. Batter will be lumpy but no dry flour should be visible.
Spoon into tin - should make 11 or 12 big muffins - and bake for approx 20mins.
Enjoy!!
mm mmm mmmmmmm!

1 comment:

  1. Just bit into it ... you can't taste it - in fact I can taste cinnamon and ginger? Anyway ... lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips