Friday, July 09, 2010

Folksy Friday - To the Beach!

In honour of our Family Day Out to the seaside I have decided that my very first Folksy Friday should have a seaside theme. A request on Folksy forums flooded me with beautiful seaside and beach themed pretties so I was hard pressed to pick my favourites but here they are. 


First up - I absolutely adore Ocean Ripple Sea Glass Ring by Chicita at Gimme That Thing. I love the idea of salvaging 'sea glass' that has been washed smooth by the sea and sand and made beautiful... on the same theme is the stunning Wire wrapped sea glass necklace from the Beach Shack Project



This cute little Beach Hut Keyring from Buttercup Boutique would make a great decoration for your beach bag and AmyOrangeJuice's cute Stained Glass and Driftwood boat mobile will look gorgeous in a sunny window and remind you of the coast all year round.


I love all the beautiful, hand dyed yarns available at Wharfedale Woolworks. This is a lovely summery cotton DK yarn called On The Beach . I also love this black and white print from The Stone House entitled Boardwalk - it is so evocative and takes me back to family holidays spent building sandcastles and fishing in rock pools...

Talking of rock pools I think the bubble effect on this glass sushi dish called 'Ocean Floor' is very unusual and very pretty. And finally this great 'To the Beach' card  from Original Art by Clare says it all.

Happy Folksy Friday everyone - have fun at the beach :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful finds. I love the seaglass jewellery and that mobile is gorgeous
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, all these make me want to visit the seaside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely finds, can't choose between the keyring,glass mobile and dish ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely items, the mobile is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - lovely. We used to live by the sea, in Broadstairs and now, living right in the middle of England, I really miss the smell of the sea and collecting winkles....

    I love the necklace - gorgeous wrapping - and the boardwalk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely first FF, the seaglass is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I not see this yesterday?!

    Lovely choices...now I want to go on a beach holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what an amazing selection of goodies ...i absolutely love the sea glass ring but all of your choices were very evocative of the sea ....I want a trip to the seaside now !!
    Trish xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love beachhuts. We use to make one as part of our heritage pendants, but it sold out. Plans are afoot to bring it back though, they are just too cute!

    Abi
    www.angeleden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated thanks for featuring my wire wrapped sea glass ring!

    Chicita at Gimme That Thing
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips