Monday, July 11, 2011

#MUMenTUM - Things they are a-changing...


Good morning ladies -  I hope you are all well and feeling positive!!

I am now into the second week of using the Slimpod and although I haven't shed masses of weight (3/4lb at weigh-in on Saturday morning) I am beginning to notice a change in the way I am thinkng about food and eating. My portions are definitely getting smaller and my food choices are getting better.
A case in point -  yesterday I went to the Tewkesbury Medieval Fayre with my MIL and SIL. We go every year, usually the whole family but the OH really didn't feel like it and the Little Man was happy to stay at home with Daddy and watch World Superbikes and F1 on the TV. This year it was packed to the gills and by lunchtime the queues out of the food tents were ridiculous so we found ourselves a nice refreshing fruit juice slushy (which was yummy!) and decided to carry on shopping and get food on the way home. Which meant McDonalds...
After ordering strawberry shakes to take back for the boys I surprised myself totally by going for the Grilled Chicken Salad Wrap and a bottle of water. No fries. No coke. No McFlurry.  I think the messages ARE getting through!*
The changes are not only food related. Looking back on my week of success log enteries and I see that I am feeling a lot more relaxed about what I can and cannot do and ultimately I seem to be achieving more each day because of it! My creative mojo seems to be returning AND I seem to be finding it easier to keep on top of the housework as well.
It seems there is more to me being the me I want to be than just simply losing weight...

*just in case you are interested you can work out the nutrirional information of your McD's meal by going to their UK website and adding your meal items to a list that adds up total calories, fat, sugar and salt. It's an eye opener!

6 comments:

  1. That's such a rave review for Thinking Slimmer. Can't "weight" to try it. Xxxx Glad u r doing so so well. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. notyetayummymummyJuly 11, 2011 9:11 pm

    Its so encouraging to hear you're doing so well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So positive, great to hear you have had a good week. Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TheramblingpagesJuly 12, 2011 10:52 pm

    Sounds like you have had a great week, and the salad sounds reqlly nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you. I decided to treat myself & family to a little cake the other day as havent had anything nice for ages! Usually I would go for the big fat chocolate eclaire but looking at it made me feel really sick, instead I went for a meringue with fruit on top....a bit like you and your chicken wrap! Good luck for the rest of the week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. jessies_onlineJuly 13, 2011 8:38 pm

    the small changes with the slimpod are great aren't they, in fact I was a bit freaked out when I felt a bit sick thinking of food!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips