Monday, March 19, 2012

#InnerTruth - That's not my wardrobe!


Feeling a bit uncertain what to write this week...

Haven't had chance to practise the 4/4 energising breath I mentioned last week and a lucky blog competition win of a rather large (and very scrummy) box of Lindt chocolates sent the 'healthy eating plan' (still refusing to use the 'D' word...) right out the window.

But that was last week.

Yesterday I had a bit of a tidy up and bagged up some old clothes I have been meaning to give to the charity shop for months. While the wardrobe door was open I had a proper look inside and to be perfectly honest I was utterly depressed by what I saw.  My wardrobe is packed full of clothes that aren't mine...



Not that I am serial shop lifter or borrowed stuff I've forgotten to return you understand.

No, I just looked at the clothes hanging there and realised there were only perhaps half a dozen items that I actually enjoy wearing. The rest is a mish mash of second-hand, charity shop buys, old stuff that doesn't fit and FAT clothes...  I have bought very little new clothing since saying goodbye to maternity wear, mainly because I just assumed (as you do) that I would be able to shrink back into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe within a few months. I was breast feeding after all, and walking everywhere. How hard was it going to be? I bought a few basics new and second hand but my head kept saying 'you won't be this size for long'.

Fast forward to 6 weeks before my Little Man is 4 years old. I am still 'this size' and my wardrobe is full of things I can wear but I just don't really want to.

I really need to do something about it.  Maybe that's next week's task...

Don't forget to visit the linky list and read more #InnerTruth

2 comments:

  1. This post could have been written by me - ditto.
    I don't buy clothes as I don't want to (in size 18) and I keep saying I will shrink and Aaron's 3 months from being 2 years.

    But I am now size 16 and focusing my sights on size 12 although it's been a loooooong time since I have been a 12......

    Thanks for linking up.

    Liska xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, first time visiting ur blog, and fell in love with it straight away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips