Sunday, March 24, 2013

Creative Budget - Easter Egg decorations






It's Creative Budget time again and here is the little bundle of goodies I received from Abakhan for my latest challenge.
 



 
Today I am going to show you what I did with all that lovely felt...


Easter Egg Decorations

These cute little embroidered felt Easter Eggs are just the thing for bringing a little Easter cheer into your home and they are so easy to make.

Draw yourself an egg shape template onto card (I used an empty cereal box) You can make you eggs whatever size you like - a display with a mix of sizes would be cool - mine measure approx 6.5cm x 4.5cm.









Fold your felt square in half and draw around your template. Pin through the two layers of felt before cutting out your egg shapes.





Cut a small piece of ribbon to match (or clash beautifully) and pin it between the layers to make a loop at the top of your egg.

Now take a length of embroidery floss in a coordinating colour and stitch around the edge of your egg with small running stitches or, if you refer you could use a blanket stitch. (I used 2 strands doubled for both the outer seam and the embroidered detail) Stuff lightly for a padded effect before finishing the seam.




Now you can decorate your egg - I used different colours of embroidery floss and decorative stitches but you could do anything you want - let the littlies join in and glue feathers, sequins and googly eyes on the the eggs or go for something a little more sophisticated and use tiny seed beads to embellish your stitching.



Hang your pretty Easter Egg decorations around the place to bring a little eggy cheer to your home!



How about making a whole stack of hanging eggs and hiding them around the house or garden for an Easter Egg hunt? 

I still have a little pile of these to decorate - as the Little Man has finished school for the Easter hols I may even let him have a go too! I promise to show you the results later in the week...

But what about all that lovely pastel coloured yarn? Well, I'll save that for next week but if you want a clue just visit my inspiration pinboard here  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I love everything about these Anthea - the colours and the embroidery, just gorgeous. A fun idea, and I don't have any Easter decs, so I need to get me some more felt......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! I actually have a whole lot of felt at home but I think I am a bit short on time for this Easter, but I'm pinning them for next Easter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips