Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Time to focus...

You may have noticed I have been a little quiet over the past couple of weeks.

This is mainly because I have been pretty busy trying to get my dress finished for the 60's dance and getting a couple of large Sweet Kitty orders started but also, after my post last week about what makes a good blog, because I have been having a long hard think about what I actually blog FOR and where I see myself and this blog heading over the next year...

Truth is I need to be making some money ( which reminds me - see that Mollie Makes banner at the top? If you click on that and subscribe to Mollie or any of the other magazines available I get a small commission. It all helps.) Trouble is I don't drive and live out in the styx so the only real job opportunities that are open to me are stacking shelves in the local supermarket or care work, neither of which really appeal...   I already have a part time job book keeping for my other half's motorbike shop and I do a day's cleaning every couple of weeks. I recently took in some ironing for a friend who is just too busy (and hates it anyway) and will be doing that regularly too but what I REALLY want to do is earn a living - or at least a regular income - from Forest Flower Designs.   I love designing and making my products. I get a warm glow every time someone else likes them enough to part with their cash and take them home. I really want my little Forest Flower to grow and grow and grow...


With that in mind I have set up a new blog - dedicated not just to Forest Flower Designs but to handmade business in general. I know I could have just posted more FFD posts on this blog but I really felt it deserved a home, and a URL, of it's own.

So now it does - www.forestflowerdesigns.co.uk 


I will still be blogging here (albeit not quite as regularly as before). It's taken me best part of 4 years to build this blog up to the place it is now  and I am not about to abandon it just yet! I still have plenty of makes, tutorials, recipes, days out and reviews to share with you but from now on I will be focusing my energy on growing my business and getting my own little brand of handcrafted cuteness into as many homes as possible.

I would love it if you would join me - my google friends box is looking a little empty right now although I'm sure it will fill up in time - I can't wait to share my new designs and inspirations with you not to mention all those other fabulous crafty businesses out there! 

Thanks for your support, dear readers, over the past 4 years and here's to many more blogging years to come!

xx

8 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new blog. I felt the need to start a second a year ago and I have an itchiness to start a third.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica - it is kind of addictive isn't it? I have so many ideas for Forest Flower Designs I hope that the blog will help me focus and develop those ideas. Will be interesting starting a new blog from scratch with the benefit of hindsight and experience I didn't have when i started this one!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I could cope with two blogs on the go! Hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to ask by the way if you were planning a #wipslinky this month?

      Delete
    2. Yes I am! Will be live on the 29th...

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your new venture Anthea!...shall pop over to your new blog now...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anthea...your new blog link doesn't seem to be working for me so will try again later...hope you have a great Sunday!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan - hope the link works for you but if you google Forest Flower Designs it should come up on first page ;-) Would love to see you over at the new blog :-) (would also love to do a feature on your crafty loveliness sometime too ;-) ) x

      Delete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips