Friday, January 10, 2014

Little Things :: An early birthday pressie...

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks. I wasn't going to shout about it coz it's a *BIG ONE* and, to be honest, I'd rather not think about where all those years have gone!!


Anyway I received a rather lovely early present in the post yesterday - issue 10 of gorgeous thrifty vintage inspired lifestyle magazine Pretty Nostalgic. Not just Issue 10 mind you but a whole year's subscription gifted to me by my fab mother-in-law!

Pretty Nostalgic even included a hand written birthday card to me so I would know who it was from.

How lovely is that?

Pretty Nostalgic is a magazine I have wanted to read after seeing it Wonder Wool Wales back in April. Their strap line - Creative and sustainable living inspired by the past - immediately grabbed my attention as did the beautiful imagery and the square shape of the magazine (it reduces waste at the printers - read more about it here )

With articles as diverse as 'The Rise and Fall of Music Hall' and the origins of popular English idioms to tips on collecting kitchenalia, a tour of Vintage Southsea and the best of British made lingerie, there is plenty in Pretty Nostalgic to keep me interested. Plus a few makes and bakes thrown in for good measure.

I can't wait to get stuck into this (even if it is *technically* the Christmas issue) and the even better news is issue 11 is being sent out to subscribers this week too so I should receive it in the post this weekend.

If anyone wants me I'll be curled up with a cosy blanket, a cup of tea, some left over Christmas biscuits and two copies of my new favourite read...

1 comment:

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips