Sunday, February 21, 2016

What's on my needles - February

Hello! Can you believe we are over half way through February already? It will be spring before we know it! (I do hope so!!) Not unsurprisingly I have been using the coldest, greyest winter month as an excuse to encase myself in super chunky wool with not one but two blankets on my needles right now!

The first - a pretty lap blanket in three coloured linen stitch - I introduced in my last post. It's growing quite nicely into a pastel coloured dream of squishyness (probably not a word but I like it ). Both cats have shown a lot of interest in this one and I can't help thinking that they may be taking total advantage of it once it's finished if I leave it lying around unattended...



My second blanket is the Koselig Blanket from Wool and the Gang -  yup that's the one I designed for GangLabs. It's been well over 18 months since I spent the hottest week of the year knitting up the sample. I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to knit those huge cosy panels without melting away - a good ceiling fan and plenty of rocket lollies may have been involved - but it is certainly a much more pleasant experience this time around.  To make the task even easier Wool and the Gang have now sourced 25mm circular needles which means it is possible to knit the whole blanket in one go rather than in panels! Yay!!



From 25mm needles to 2.5mm needles. My Blue Skies Sock Club socks are coming along a treat too, helped greatly by being the only current project portable enough to take with me when I went to my parent's house with Riley for a few days. I love how this pattern flows -  it's so intuitive that I have barely needed the pattern for sock number 2 (no second sock syndrome here. Oh no!) . Only half a foot to go so I should be able to finish them before the next instalment arrives in the next couple of weeks...






Although I haven't managed to finish the socks I started in January, the two other projects I shared in my January 'What's on my Needles' post are finished. The Fox Jacket turned out beautifully and is probably the fastest knit adult sized garment I have ever made! It is so soft and luxurious (all that lovely silk, baby alpaca and kid mohair). It's been keeping me warm and cosy on the most chilly winter nights and is so comfy I may have fallen asleep with it on at least twice...


The #naturesshades project is also finished and I am currently working on a pattern and will post more on this another time (if you really want to see it now though you can nip along to the project page on my Ravelry) Also don't forget to check out all the finished objects for this KAL over on the BritYarn Ravelry forum. There you will find an array of patterns all knitted in gorgeous natural, undyed shades of (mostly) British wool. What a wonderful way to celebrate our woolly heritage!

Id love it if you would share what's on your needles (or hook) for February - please feel free to leave links to your own blog posts or Ravelry project pages so I can have a look! (Only relevant links please - Any spam comments WILL be deleted!)

Happy crafting x







1 comment:

  1. I have no projects planned for this month. Though I am making a pair of socks for me and I did make a rug for hubby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for staying this long :) I would love to hear what you have to say. Don't be shy, this could be start of a beautiful friendship!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips